THINK — ACT — BELIEVE
Your Director of Youth, Jacob Shoup, will be your teacher for your final year of confirmation as we dive deeply into the study of apologetics and why we believe what we believe as Christians. How do you know the earth was created in 6 days by an all powerful God? Did the flood of Noah’s time actually happen and does the evidence around us support it? Are you sure that Jesus really did die on the cross? Even more so, how could he possibly have risen from the dead as no one has ever defeated death? Doesn’t that defy science? All these questions and more are what we will take a look at in this final year of confirmation.
What do I need? You should come prepared each week to class…
- Small Catechism
- An attitude willing to learn dig into your faith!
What is our schedule?
- Wednesday nights: 6:20 – 7:20 PM (so that Jacob can get to youth a few minutes early)
- Please be on time
- If you miss any weeks, please make an effort to contact Jacob on what you missed
- Consistent notes and response to questions are expected. Homework may be assigned, but your time and discussion in class is the most important thing
PLEASE JOIN US FOR YOUTH… join us afterwards for a time of worship and fellowship in the youth room from 7:30 – 9 pm if you can! We’d love to have you!!
Parents—Please remember that you are responsible for the building up of faith in your child! So in that light we ask you to make the following promises:
- I will speak to my child enthusiastically about the privilege to confirmation class and the place it has in Christian Education.
- I will have my child there promptly and regularly and be informative of emergency situations that make absence necessary.
- I will be faithful with my child in be in regular worship attendance and set an example of faith for my child.
- I will pray for my child, their class members, their teachers, and their mentor during this year of confirmation.
- I will help make this confirmation step a real spiritual step forward for your child and your family
What if I have questions? Feel free to contact Jacob at any time, 338-5226 (church), 295-0141 (cell) or firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook him! (Jacob Shoup)
Week 1: Introduction: Christianity Under Attack
Week 2: Four Fundamental Questions, part I
Week 3: Four Fundamental Questions, part II
Week 4: Evolution and Religion
Week 5: Creation and Religion
Week 6: Crumbling Foundations
Week 7: Genesis Does Matter
Week 8: Death is the Last Enemy
Week 9: Service Event
Spring Semester: 13 Sessions:
Week 1: Why the Resurrection Matters?
Week 2: How to Discover the Truth About the Past?
Week 3: Who was Jesus?
Week 4: Evidence for the Resurrection, part I
Week 5: Evidence for the Resurrection, part II
Week 6: Evidence for the Resurrection, part III
Week 7: Objections to the Resurrection
Week 8: Timeline and Meaning of the Resurrection
Week 9: Service Event
Week 10: Next Step: Apologetics and Evagelism
Week 11: Finish Faith Statements